Zentangle

The Zentangle method of drawing is easy to learn, relaxing, and fun.The results are fast and beautiful. Although the amazing abstract images may look complicated, you will discover that they are achieved quite simply and are highly individual. As you grow in this practice, you may find surprising wells of creativity you forgot you possessed. It is a wonderful means of artistic expression for artists and "non-artists" of all ages.

Tuesday, July 16, 2013


7.16.13a
Ink on Vellum
3.5 x 3.5"
trefoil string, ionic, hi-c, kuke, birds on a wire

2 comments:

  1. Cheryl: I love opening up your tangle each day _ I am on your email list!

    My tangles are usually very dense and tiny - so it is wonderful to see your light and airy designs - I study them carefully to see how you have constructed them so that I can be inspired to bring that lightness of being into my own work.

    I sometimes wonder if my style has been influence by my state of mind - I have gone through some very difficult situations since I began to draw Zentangles - do my tightly wound patterns reflect my tightly wound mind? And would actually working to draw more airy tiles help to relax my mind? Things to ponder!

    Anyway - thank you for the little pieces of light you send me each day!

    Jakki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Jakki,
    Thank you for taking time to comment. I think art does reveal aspects of our inner lives and speaks to us in special ways. I am sure you are an inspiration to others.
    Keep drawing!

    ReplyDelete